Friday, August 20, 2010

New Song

I wrote this song. Tell me what you think of it.

I cant help but feel a bit like im ten
when i think of you now and then
we were so stupid but so in love
thought of nothing more than wishes above

at the time it felt realler than real
that moment was the only one you could feel
you can analyze like a girl for hours and hours
why a falling out loomed like foreboding towers
CHORUS
I don't ever wanna be alone, except when i do
I don't ever wanna be alone, except when im with you
I don't ever wanna see the funny things you do
cuz needless to say im kinda mad at you

My skin crawls when you are so quiet
you have put us on a no words diet
out of sight out of mind is where i will be
until you can remember why it was you picked me

Do you ever feel a bit like you're ten?
Do you ever think of me now and then?
Do you really believe that we were in love?
Do you care for the wishes I send above?

CHORUS

So when you decide you want to wake up
I will be here and i wont try to fake up
You are still my hearts ever aching explosion
I will keep my hope, and i will keep my composure.

3 comments:

Allyson said...

I love the "I never want to be alone, except when I'm with you".

I like it, it shows how sick you are of things but that deep down you still really want it to work out.

Yay for vowing a year and a half of celibacy!

Hannah said...

Eff, Crystal. You're turning into quite the stellar lyricist! I am seriously way impressed. Have you got the melody down, too?

♥Concerned♥ said...

I can totally hear this on a ukelele