Sunday, February 7, 2010

I have a cool life


Like really. How many people get to do the things i have done? I should be more grateful for all the awesome things that happen to me. I realized this when I was talking to my friend Ally the other day. We were talking about all our favorite experiences and how they have affected us in our lives. so now... i will list my top ten things that have changed my views on life.

1. Running the St. George Marathon- the ultimate test of endurance for me. I thought i was gonna die, but after i finished i knew from then on i could accomplish anything i put my mind to.

2. Sky Diving- after i went for my first time and saw zion national park from that perspective and felt the adrenalin rush's of all adrenaline rush's i knew i wanted to become sky dive certified (still workin on it)

3. Moving to Hawaii- I could never be thankful enough to live in paradise and learn to have new views of cultures and people who live around me. my world has been rocked.

4. Touring through Europe- I toured through seven countries in Europe with the Utah Music Ambassadors. We went to London England, Paris France, Cranz Montana Switzerland, Seefeld Austria, Venice Italy, and Rothenburge Germany. It was SO amazing! We got to sing in old cathedrals and see all the awesome sights. Plus I made friends and met people I will never forget.

5. Acting at Tuachan- Summer of 08 I was a part of the productions Les Miserables, Big River, and The Sound of Music. I got to experience the "acing world" and see the good, bad, and ugly of how professional theater is run and how really good actors can be big fat divas.

6. Working with the Disabled- I worked at Rise Inc. for a year and a half working with mostly children with autism, downs syndrome, epilepsy, and other developmental disabilities. This job helped me to see how close to God these people are and how much they can teach you about love. The love those kids show to you is unconditional and without judgement. ... i also learned a lot of patience. haha

7. Living in Florida- Yep. Im a born and raised redneck from the south! I love the rich heritage of the south and listening to my uncles talk about being kids in kentucky. I loved living in a jungle and using my imagination instead of just relying on tv and video games. I am glad that i was forced to deal with racism and learn my view on the matter.

8. Summer trips to Mexico- My grandparents had a house in San Felipe Mexico (on the Baja) and in the summer we would go down and stay for three weeks or so. I LOVE mexico. there are basically no rules there. You could ride four wheelers up and down the beach for miles and go shell hunting and find little sea critters in them. It was also my first dose of seeing real poverty. Some of those people lived in actual shacks. My Grandparents have since sold their house. :(

9. Carnegie Hall in New York- In High School I went with the choir "Lieto" to New York where we were invited to sing in Carnegie Hall! It was so freakin cool! New York is one of those places that speaks to your heart. Even though there are a million people who dont know you exist and who could care less that you do, you feel like you can accomplish things there. I really hope I can live here one day and try to "make it big". I dont even care about actually making it... i just wanna try. :)

10. Moab- I took a mountain biking trip to Moab with a few friends in 09. It was the epitome of what one thinks of when they hear "road trip." Good friends, camping, beautiful beautiful red rocks and arches and one of the best extreme sports out there! accomplishing the 13 mile roller coaster trail that is slickrock, honestly brought me a little closer to God. (its also a miracle that i made it because i had the swine flu) One day I hope i can live in Moab. its one of those places that makes my heart feel happy.

these experiences are not in chronological order, nor are they in any order of importance.

No comments: